Thursday, May 29, 2008

English Assignment

This is my English assignment on “On Friend”.
According to the article "On Friend" was written they believe people have different view, value and attitude toward friendship in different country. Although France and Germany are neighbors but their definition of friendship is difference. I want to know what make the difference. I am interested in exploring the background between France and Germany.
. In French a man may play chess with a friend for thirty years without knowing his political opinions. French friendships are incomprehensible for me. But for Germans, whose friendships are based on mutuality of feeling, deep disagreement on any subject that matters to both is regarded as a tragedy. For Germans friendship can like family. I want to have a French friend to be confidant in some area and a German friend to be a family when I live abroad.

No comments: